22,5 m monohull HARALD V RS126
The Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue (NSSR). Saving lives at sea.
Today, there are 43 vessels continuously manned and on standby along the coast of Norway. The society has about 6000 engagements every year.
13 of the 43 boats are operated by volunteers, two of these volunteer boats are based on Norway's two biggest lakes: Mjøsa and Femunden. The rest of the boats are manned by a professional crew who live and work onboard on a 28 day rotation.
- Type of vessel: Search and Rescue
- Client: NSSR (Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue)
- Building material: Aluminium Alloy
- Lenght overall: 22,5 m
- Speed: 24,9 knots
- Range: 600 nautical miles
- Fuel tank: 16.3 m3
- Main engine: 2 x MTU, 12V396TE 74L, tot. 3000 kW
- Towing hook: 22 ton
- Class: Fosen Klasse
- Yard No: 40
- Crew: 3
- Navigation: 2 x radar (2 x 3 cm) ARPA, chart plotter, Loran C, DGPS, auto pilot.
- Communications: GMDSS Class A2 with additional equipment.
- Freshwater Capacity: 1.4 m3
- Aux.Engine: 2 x 52 kW John Deere. 4045 DFM50
- Gear: Nargilee, Nargilee/SCUBA diving equipment, underwater communication and camera/VCR, rated/operational to 60 meter.
- Delivered: 2003