22,5 m monohull Det Norske Veritas RS125
The Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue (NSSR). Saving lives at sea.
Today, there are 43 vessels continuously manned and on standby along the coast of Norway. The society has about 6000 engagements every year.
13 of the 43 boats are operated by volunteers, two of these volunteer boats are based on Norway's two biggest lakes: Mjøsa and Femunden. The rest of the boats are manned by a professional crew who live and work onboard on a 28 day rotation.
- Type of vessel: Search and Rescue
- Client: NSSR (Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue)
- Building material: Aluminium Alloy
- Lenght overall: 22,5 m
- Speed: 24.9 knots
- Range: 600 nautical miles
- Fuel tank: 16.3 m3
- Main engine: 2xMTU, 12V396TE 74L, tot. 3000 kW
- Towing hook: 22 ton
- Class: Fosen klasse
- Crew: 3
- Navigation: 2x radar (2x3 cm) ARPA, Chart plotter, Loran C, DGPS auto pilot.
- Communications: GMDSS Class A2 with additional equipment
- Freshwater Capacity: 1.4 m3
- Aux.Engine: 2x52 kW John Deere. DFM50
- Gear: Nargilee, SCUBA and underwater communication. Under water camera/VCR, rated/operational to 60 meter.
- Delivered: 2003