21 m monohull KAPTEIN SKAUGEN RS108
The Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue (NSSR). Saving lives at sea.
Today, there are 43 vessels continuously manned and on standby along the coast of Norway. The society has about 6000 engagements every year.
13 of the 43 boats are operated by volunteers, two of these volunteer boats are based on Norway's two biggest lakes: Mjøsa and Femunden. The rest of the boats are manned by a professional crew who live and work onboard on a 28 day rotation.
- Type of vessel: Monohull
- Client: NSSR (Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue)
- Building material: Aluminium Alloy
- Lenght overall: 21m
- Breath: 5,7m
- Speed: 24,9 knots
- Range: 400 nautical miles
- Fuel tank: 8 m3
- Main engine: Mitsubishi Diesel 2 x S12A2 MPTA tot.1550kW
- Towing hook: 6 tons
- Class: Stormvær klassen
- Yard No: 5
- Crew: 3
- Navigation: 2x radar, Chart Plotter, Loran C, GPS/DGPS, Echo Sounder, Auto Pilot, Log
- Communications: 2x VHF, HF/MF SSB radio Transciever, VHF-direction finder, GMDSS VHF, cellular phone
- Freshwater Capacity: 1,2 m3
- Aux.Engine: Iveco AIFO HVVM60 KvA
- Gear: SCUBA and Underwater Communication/Camera rated at 100m / VCR
- Propulsion: Servogear VD 250 B
- Delivered: 1991